Phew! Valentine’s Day came and went as fast as ever! We had a sweet week filled with baking, construction paper heart crafts, toddler playdates, school classmate’s Valentines creations, and topped with a date night for each babe. Aaron took each of the girls out for a one-on-one date, complete with a front door pick-up. When they knew it was their turn, they were SO giddy the morning of, even before I sent them off to school. We’re all pretty excited about this precious tradition, since they’ll never be too old to be cherished by their sweet daddy and treated to these special daddy-daughter dates. And, of course, my little man Ethan treated me to a Valentine’s Date. He picked me up (I mean, he likes a gal that can drive) and we whisked off to dinner. He suckered me into buying him a toy, and out of all the toys on the Walmart aisles he picked a $3.98 light saber (glows up). He’s my favorite cheap date. Scroll down to see our selfie pics from these date nights at the end of this post!
We had these frosted pink sugar cookies at the girl’s slumber party last week and they were SO yummy. I snagged the recipe from my friend Lauren! I’ll share the recipe here on this post if you’re up for a fun homemade treat! xo
Frosted Sugar Cookies
- 1 Cup unsalted butter room temp.
- 3/4 Cup butter flavored crisco
- 1 1/4 Cup sugar
- 3/4 Cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 5 1/2 Cups flour
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter room temp.
- 4 Cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Desired food color
- Cream together butter, crisco, sugar, powdered sugar and milk.
- Add eggs until well combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter and sugar mixture and mix until smooth and well combined.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350
- For frosting sift the powdered sugar and mix all ingredients until well combined
2020 Valentine’s Dates
Happy Valentine’s Day!