School starts this week and I’m so glad we finished off the summer break enjoying a vacation together with just our little family! The Horseshoe Bay Resort was better than we imagined and the kids haven’t stopped talking about their favorite spots. The resort is a 4 hour drive from our home in Dallas. Our first impression was that this oasis spot in the Texas Hill Country is enormous and beautiful. Tropical trees lined the property. Aaron and I kept saying, “We’re in Texas?!” (hahaha). The beautiful grounds, water sports, and activities were all so fun for everyone!
We started each morning at the Lantana breakfast buffet. They have the ultimate selection of food. Even my pickiest of eaters each found their favorites to stuff their bellies. We learned how much Savannah LOVES bacon. It was quite shocking to see her brights eyes while she shoved absurd amounts of strips into her mouth. The girl was too excited to quit! haha. After the first day, we had to portion it out for her. 😉 My personal favorite was the biscuits & gravy along with the fruit & yogurt parfaits. With a side of diet coke 🙂 The staff in the Lantana were phenomenal!
There are 3 beautiful pools and 2 hot tubs. One of the hot tubs is known for being the largest in Texas! It’s incredible and looks like a bunch of volcano whirlpools all in one huge feature. I don’t know about you, but it can be totally awkward to step down into a round, small hot tub with strangers and then sit across from each other while trying not to make eye contact. This hot tub fixed that problem by creating tons of coves for groups to hang out together privately. The kids loved how it lit up with colored lights as the bubbles exploded.
Hey there, sandy beach! The kids unanimously loved this spot. It was their favorite “pool”. Boats would pass by and cause small waves to pass through a small opening and roll up along the sand. It was too cute! Building sand castles or just dipping sandy toes into the water was fun for us all. Jet skis, kayaks, ski boats with tubing and wake-boarding are available to rent! You can also reserve sunset cruises which looked heavenly! There’s currently $60 million renovations going on around the property, find out what the latest finished project is as soon as you check in!
We strolled through the Whitewater amenity center and the kids screamed when they saw the exotic birds and flamingo! We met this beautiful red bird, Jekyll. The kids learned that he’s a “grumpy bird”. This meant the kids shouldn’t try to pull or grab him otherwise he might bite. haha. Exploring was our favorite!
Horseshoe Bay Resort is the only golf destination in the continental United States with three courses designed by master golf architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. If you or your hubby loves golf or tennis, this place is your dream come true. They have 4 award-winning golf courses, and a super unique 18-hole miniature golf course.
They also have 14 tennis courts featuring grass, clay, hard, and even kids courts! Very unique! Aaron couldn’t play this time, so instead we cruised around the Slick Rock course with the whole family on 2 golf carts. It was a blast! The kids were thrilled the whole time, except for tiny Avery who kept almost falling asleep. And since the course is in the Hill Country, the views were beautiful! The coolest part was the “Million Dollar Hole” where you basically get to drive through a huge waterfall.
There’s 3 main living arrangements: the Hotel Tower, Palm Villas, or the Waters Condos. We stayed 3 nights in the Waters Condos that overlooked the LBJ lake and the Yacht Club. The views were spectacular! Even if you don’t stay in the Waters, you need to visit the Yacht Club pool. We enjoyed lunch at the Yacht Club Pool Bar a few times while lounging in the pool. I especially loved the Pulled Pork Taco and Crab Salad Stuffed Avocado. Wow!
- Free Parking!
- Check out the nightly S’mores!
- The Kid’s Club is AMAZING. Definitely stop in and let your kids play in the paints, crafts, climb the rock climbing wall, and the biggest play-place we’ve ever seen! And it’s perfect if you want to have some alone time. You can do a half-day or parents night out if you’re feeling like a romantic (or at least quiet!) date night.
- There’s ducks and tons of turtles by the lily pads in the ponds at the Live Oak Lawn. They love bread!
- Check out the indoor pool in the Spa. It looked dreamy!
- We dropped the older 3 in the kids club for dinner while Aaron and I took Avery out to dinner at Lantana. The Lantana wedge salad + smoked brisket pizza were our favorites! The Ricotta Meatballs were delicious with the homemade marinara.
- It worked out so well to swim right after breakfast, eat lunch, head back to our rooms to let the kids nap, then head back out in the sun until it was bedtime.
- Explore! This place has too many surprises only found during an exploring adventure!
- The full-service marina offers watercraft rentals including pontoon boats, WaveRunners, and paddle boards. Don’t miss out!
- Complimentary fitness classes. Drop in a Sunrise Yoga class!
Have any Labor Day weekend plans?? If not, check out the ABBA Revisited Concert at the Horseshoe Bay Resort for an exciting holiday weekend!
Have a fun vacation planned for Labor Day weekend?! Check out Horseshoe Bay Resort for their fun holiday weekend event!