Avery blowing kisses at the handsome photographer 😉
TGIF!!! Happy Friday, y’all! Are you ready for summer?? The heat waves are freely flowing here in Texas. Summer is in full swing and we couldn’t be happier. From the moment my kids wake up they are in their swimmers ready to hit the pool. We have been LIVING in the pool! I would love to find some great pool toys that won’t pop and will last at least a few years.
Blue Lizard Sunscreen has been a must-have! It’s mineral-based, not chemical which means it’s more safe, clean, and provides better protection. The bottle goes from white to red when it’s in harmful UV light, super cool to watch! It’s not thick and greasy gross while also have zero smell. It’s formulated with the highest grade
The fabulous thing about this sunscreen is that it receives a top rank in the Environmental Working Group (EWG). This huge screening process rates sunscreen safety, definitely worth looking up your current sun products to check how they legitimately hold up in the ranks! Snag it on Amazon HERE.
Here’s my favorite SUNSCREEN 101 Facts:
- According to the Skin Cancer Foundation sustaining five or more sunburns in youth increases lifetime risk for melanoma by 80 percent.
- A baby’s skin is especially delicate and burns more easily. Their sensitive skin contains less melanin, the pigment that gives our hair and eyes their color and offers some sun protection.
- Anything over SPF 30 is no longer recommended by dermatologists as the extra protection is negligible and the additional chemicals may cause skin reactions in some kids.
- Older children should learn to apply sunscreen themselves, and make it a routine habit.
- Even sunscreens that are water-resistant still need to be reapplied at least every two hours.
If you’re lucky enough to have a sunny next couple of days, remember to slather your skin with protection and have a wonderful, warm weekend!
What’s the best place to shop for pool toys that will last?! Leave your favorite pool floats or toys in the comments below.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Blue Lizard Sunscreen. The opinions and text are all mine.